Room for Change
Rebranding the Manzil Hotel as a distinctively Arab beauty
Al Manzil was a successful hotel in Downtown, but Emaar Hospitality Group, its parent company, had even higher expectations. As the company reinvented its Vida Hotel and Resort brand strategy, Manzil was made over as a sophisticated boutique sister, capturing the essence of Vida’s chic, elegant style, and infusing it with a strong, compelling Arab sensibility.
With Zaman’s focus on developing authentic Arab brands, the team was thrilled to take on the challenge of creating a brand proposition and visual identity for this unique new hotel concept, as a blueprint for an emerging international chain.
An innate understanding of the Arab aesthetic and legendary hospitality, is apparent in Zaman’s carefully crafted visual approach and tone of voice, as is the deep sense of pride Arabs feel about these cultural traits. The visual style is modern, yet it communicates the joy of experiencing beloved traditions.
Zaman developed the details for every aspect of the brand’s use within the comprehensive Brand Style Guide, so that the Manzil brand can maintain a consistent but impactful image as each new development rolls out.
1. Zaman created the style guide for the hotel, and everything that bears its name. A linear motif evokes both modern architecture and ancient mosaic patterns.
2. Stationery and notepads support the understated, elegant, yet modern Arab style.
3. Candles with regional scent were proposed to excite that extra sense.
4. Even the room keys reflect the branding theme.
5. Zaman designed the screen graphics for the hotel’s Smart TV based in-room communication system that replaces the folder full of menus, booklets and papers.
6. Even the cosy bath robes share Arabic expressions.